Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Changing of Season


Good Afternoon,

Crew season ended with great finish at the Head of the Fish in New York. All the boats rowed well. Especially the young novice men, for most of them this was there second regatta ever. My hat is off to them for a great performance. I'm very glad that crew is over. I no longer will have to get up at 0400 every morning to go to practice. I'll be able to attend a little something called morning formation. I will also have the chance to reduce the amount of coffee that I drink everyday, in which I am sure will be a lot healthier.

Now with crew over, track and field begins soon. I know it seems a little off that track would be starting in the fall, but the fact is that we need to start preparing for the spring months in advance. As a team, we will meet about four days a week and begin our fall conditioning. If we are successful in our conditioning it will give us a solid foundation for the Winter months. As most of will be going on the ship this winter it will be hard to stay with it. The goal is however to keep conditioning with a couple of my teammates on the ship. This way we can come back to the season in shape and ready to run.

Yesterday was of course November 1st. November has surely arrived, it is cold and a little extra windy here at MMA. Today marked the first frost of the season. Winter is just around the corner and with that is soon to be the second annual Winter Ball on the Spirit of Boston. I did not attend last year, but I sure do look forward to going this year. From what I understand it will be a night to remember.

Upcoming Events:
- Leadership Meeting @ 1900
- Special Event (details to follow)
- Friday
- Colder Weather

Signing off,
3/c Joshua Lamm
Cadet Blogger
joshua.lamm@maritime.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment