Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Holidays

Good Evening,

I hope that everyone enjoyed this years Thanksgiving. I know I did. The food was excellent this year as always. It is always nice to reflect and give thanks for all of the things that we are able to appreciate. I know I am thankful to be here at MMA and take part in an amazing education. As well as for my family who have always supported me among my endeavors.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This semester has been flying by. I remember that first semester freshman year did not go by this fast by any means. That is probably due to the fact the sophomore year is a lot less stressful as far as the regiment goes than freshman year. We have already adapted to being on our own in a college atmosphere. While this years freshmen might still be adjusting to the maritime life.

Sea term is just around the corner. The freshmen have a meeting with Captain Bushy tomorrow evening to discuss sea term and what it involves. For many this years trip will be their first experience on the open ocean. Many of the sophomores going this year including myself are itching to set sail on the training ship down to the Caribbean. In the upcoming weeks we will be sharing stories from last year as we get ready to make new ones very soon.

With finals approaching everyone is putting in the extra effort to finish the semester strong.

Until next time,
3/c Joshua Lamm
Cadet Blogger
joshua.lamm@maritime.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment