Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The End is Near

Well, the end of the semester is only two weeks away. Some days I look back and think that the semester flew right by. Then there are those days when I think that time has actually slowed down, just to make everything seem longer. Well it doesn't matter anymore, because classes end next Wednesday. Looking back, I have learned quite a bit. I remember when I first started Celestial Navigation, I was petrified that I would never understand it. It's now safe to say that I am grasping the concepts quite well.

With a little less than two weeks left of class, we are suddenly hit with nice weather. Bright blue skies and warm air have finally reached our campus.

With summer in sight, many cadets are making the final arrangements on their summer plans. For my summer, I will be traveling to Galveston, Texas for an internship with G & H Towing Company. I leave June 20th and will return August 24th. My schedule will be 5 days on the tug with 2 days off. I looking forward to working in Galveston and Houston for the summer. One of my shipmates from school also got in an internship with G & H for the summer. From what I hear, it's a whole new level of hot down there. Along with the heat, will come great opportunities to learn about tugs and how they are used in ship assist.

With less than three weeks left I am excited to wrapping up the semester. This won't come without a lot of hard work as the last tests and Finals approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment