Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Very First Post

Hello everyone out there. As you know I am 3/c Josh Lamm. I'll be writing about the day to day life here at Mass Maritime.

Tuesday September 14th, 2010

Since I am a member of the Varsity Crew Team I have the privilege of waking up at 0400 (every morning) to go to practice. By 0530 we were on the water and underway. Being part of crew has its benefits for sure to balance out the 0400 wake up. Being part of a team makes life at MMA more exciting, we are like a small family. On Fridays before races we go out on the town as a team for a nice dinner and usually some shopping.

After practice I had a 0800 Naval Science class. Naval Science goes into depth about the Merchant Marine and the history of the U.S Navy. At 1000 I had Rules of the Road. Imagine taking drivers ed without ever seeing a car..... or a road. Rules is one of the tougher Marine Transportation classes here at MMA. 1100 brought me into Macroeconomics. Following lunch I had Ship Construction. I finished my academic day at 1415 (2:15 for those on the 12 hour clock).

I was grateful to get some much need rack time. Tonight I have some homework and studying to do.

If anyone has questions about MMA or the Marine Transportation major please feel free to e-mail me at: Joshua.lamm@maritime.edu

Signing off,

-3/c Josh Lamm
Cadet Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment