Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Maritime Crew and the Times Ahead


Sunday brought on our first Crew Regatta.

We woke up a little later than usual, a solid 0430. By 0500 we were on the road to Lowell, MA. Sunny skies and minimal wind made for great day. I am happy to report that our Mens Varsity A boat performed in the top half of our race. The Womens Varsity boat also did great. Unfortunately the Mens Varsity B boat (my boat) came in last. This doesn't mean that the season doesn't look good for us. The first race is there to dust off the cob webs and move forward. The only way to go now is up.

Monday brought on Rules of the Road test number two.

On a very positive note, I had two quizzes and one test today. I feel like they all went well. The best part of today was when I passed my Lifeboatmen assessment!!! It took me three tries, but the winds finally cooperated.

All in all, today was a good day. Tonight I have a firefighting lecture at 1900 (7pm).

Looking ahead:
- NO MAINTENANCE for the rest of the semester. I got all 12 hours done.
- Comedy night on Thursday
- Long Weekend!!!


Until next time,

-3/c Josh Lamm
Cadet Blogger

joshua.lamm@maritime.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment