Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Studying Abroad


Good Evening Everyone,

These last few days have been quite long. Yesterday involved getting up early for practice and then finishing my day with a 0000-0400 watch this morning up on the bridge of the ship. I can safely say that I was very tired today. Of course at a MMA most cadets are used to situations where we need to sacrifice a little sleep for a watch. I made sure I got plenty of naps in during the day today.

The most exciting news of today came when I found out that I have been chosen along with a few others to study abroad in China. I believe there will be 20 cadets in all traveling to China this spring to study at the Shanghai Maritime University. Along with us traveling there, a number of students from Shanghai will be coming to MMA for the semester. We will leave not too long after Sea term in the first couple weeks of March and will return just before the end of the MMA spring semester. Spring semester itself will not be too long of a time away from home, but add on Sea Term before that and it will be almost be 6 months.

In one of my earlier blogs I mentioned the opportunities that MMA has. With Sea Term we have a chance to sea a part of the world. By studying abroad we now have the chance to be immersed in a whole new culture on the other side of the globe. Though only a handful of us will be going, I'm sure that we will all band together to have the time of our lives.

Until tomorrow,

-3/c Josh Lamm
Cadet Blogger
joshua.lamm@maritime.edu

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everyone,
    The world has become well aware that China's influence in the world economy and global policy is growing. Your goal is to provide updated and accurate information to students who plan to study abroad in China. Thanks...
    Study Abroad In China

    ReplyDelete