Monday, April 4, 2011

Big Week Ahead!

Last week was very exciting as MMA hosted a career fair. Career fairs are great for cadets because a lot of companies make an appearance. The first hour of the fair, only the seniors are allowed to attend. This is because they are the ones that are in need of the jobs. After the first hour the doors opened up to the rest of the cadets. Some cadets are interested in only a few companies, while some go to see everyone there. Personally I was very interested in the shipping companies such as Maersk and CSL. I also got a chance to chat with a few towing companies such as G and H, and Kirby. Overall the career fair was a success, I got a chance to talk to companies that I could potentially apply to work for.

Over the weekend the Buccaneer Track and Field Team competed at Fitchburg State University. The weather was spectacular, this allowed for a great day of running, jumping, and throwing for the team. The mens team had 28 top 10 finishes, putting us in 5th out of 12 for the meet.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a very busy week. Tonight I will have watch from 2000-0000 at the Cadet Information Center. Wednesday will bring this semesters first leadership me
eting. Unlike last semester the leadership meetings held in the spring are for cadets that have applied for 2011-2012 leadership positions. I have applied for the position of Squad Leader in Fifth Company. In addition to Wednesdays meeting, I will have exams in four out of five classes this week. I will be sure to be spending most of my free time studying for the upcoming exams.

Until Next Time,
3/c Joshua Lamm
Cadet Blogger
joshua.lamm@maritime.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment