Friday, April 22, 2011

Last Meet

Tomorrow will be my last track meet of the 2011 Spring season. The Buccaneer Track and Field Team will be traveling to Connecticut College to compete. Even though this will be my last track meet of the the season, a select number of athletes from the team will be moving on to other distinguishing meets. I hope to finish strong in the last meet of the season.

The last two days here at MMA have been beautiful. Crisp blue skies, warm weather, and the wind at a lower speed than normal. Surely Spring must be here.

In Basic Seamanship Lab on Thursday we got a chance to go out in the small boats to practice maneuvering and docking. It was exciting as we got a chance to apply classroom knowledge to docking the boats. Eventually we will have to pass a practical assessment to prove our abilities with the boats.

We also had our second morning marching practice with the Fifth Company freshmen as they prepare for the Emory Rice Day marching competition. As a petty officer I got the chance to march them and critique their marching. This is just another step on the way to becoming a squad leader.

Looking ahead to next week, I'm not sure what I will do without having to go to track practice. I'll have to figure that out as I go.

Until Next Time,
3/c Joshua Lamm
Cadet Blogger
joshua.lamm@maritime.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment